GT Reach Hatch Seals

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT Reach Hatch Seals
From: Bill Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:50:48 -0500
Hello list.
An exciting week.............got the '72 GT back from the paint shop and
boy oh boy! Flame Red is REALLY RED. It's fun trimming it back our and
redressing it.

My question: I bought the two new seals for the rear hatch. The long
narrow one fits in a channel and goes around the full circumference of
the opening. The shorter and wider one goes around the top margin and
then about 16-18" down each side, lateral to and tucked underneath the
inner seal. The top portion holds fine, but the lateral wings fall out
easily. Does one have to use some type of adhesive to hold this portion
of the seal? If so, what type do you experienced folks recommend?

Thanks always for yoour input.
Bill Snyder
'66 MGB
'72 BGT nearing completion