Re: GT Reach Hatch Seals

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>, Bill Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: GT Reach Hatch Seals
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:44:59 -0800
It is me piping in !    I am afraid I did not do the job myself.  I was
advised by listers to have the windscreen put in by the pros!   Which I
did, also the rear hatch glass.  Sooooo  they also did my seals.  They said
they had had no problems - but these chaps are experts - do nothing
else!  The bit that David (thanks again) provided went in fine but they
said it may not of been necessary - but I doubt that.  The factory would
not have used suck a unique bit of metal just for fun!!!  By the way if you
use glue - use the stuff they have for auto vinyl roofs !!!

At 08:32 AM 2/5/2003 -0700, David Councill wrote:
>I wonder if this is that metal trim piece on the bottom of the hatch. Maybe
>Barrie will pipe in as he was having similar problems (I think). Anyway, I
>sent him the trim piece off my old 71BGT hatch after I took some digital
>pictures to show him how the pieces attach. I still have the pictures on my
>home computer somewhere that show how the seals attach. I can email them
>when I get home in about seven or so hours if more clarification is needed.
>
>David
>67 BGT
>72 B
>
>At 09:50 AM 2/5/2003 -0500, Bill Snyder wrote:
> >Hello list.
> >An exciting week.............got the '72 GT back from the paint shop and
> >boy oh boy! Flame Red is REALLY RED. It's fun trimming it back our and
> >redressing it.
> >
> >My question: I bought the two new seals for the rear hatch. The long
> >narrow one fits in a channel and goes around the full circumference of
> >the opening. The shorter and wider one goes around the top margin and
> >then about 16-18" down each side, lateral to and tucked underneath the
> >inner seal. The top portion holds fine, but the lateral wings fall out
> >easily. Does one have to use some type of adhesive to hold this portion
> >of the seal? If so, what type do you experienced folks recommend?
> >
> >Thanks always for yoour input.
> >Bill Snyder
> >'66 MGB
> >'72 BGT nearing completion