Aftermarket Leather Steering Wheel Questions

To: "'mglist'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aftermarket Leather Steering Wheel Questions
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 15:20:45 -0600
I bought a dished leather steering wheel for my 1967 MGB that is missing
the bolts to the hub.  It is the type that has an aluminum center hob
that allows for the factory horn push, and the wheel bolts to six holes
on the outside lip of the hub.  Similar to the later style factory
wheels, but for my 67.  Since the bolts will be seen, I wanted to get
the right look.

Also, I am missing one of the three studs with slotted ends that holds
the horn push in place.  What are those called so I can order one of
those.  My car has another aftermarket wheel in it right now, and those
studs don't fit this hub.  I am unsure if stock ones will work.

Finally, the leather stitching has come loose where the leather ends
meet. It is not bad, but one day I'll want to fix it.  Is there anyway
to repair that?

I can send pictures of the wheel/hub if anyone wants to see them to
clarify what I am talking about.

Thanks
Patton

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX