Re: HIF rebuild

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HIF rebuild
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 14:44:23 -0800
The washer needn't be copper. You should be able to get composite ones at
your LBC supplier, I would think.

Since you measure the float height with the needle installed, if you set it
correctly it will be correct whether you have a washer or not. Unless you
have the all-nylon floats which can't be adjusted, in which case you use the
washers to adjust the height -- then you certainly need to acquire some
washers.

Note that I am speaking  of HS4s -- I think HIFs would be the same in this
regard, but correct me if I'm wrong.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149