HIF rebuild

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: HIF rebuild
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 14:27:04 -0600
I've finally gotten around to starting a HIF carb rebuild to install on the
79 in place of the ZS.
I'm reassembling now and notice that I'm missing a little copper washer that
should be between the needle seat and the carb body. Evidently it is not
available; the SU rebuild video says to use your old one. How much
difference will this make to not have it. I would imagine it will slightly
change the mixture? Can I compensate by setting the float a little higher?
If so, about how much since I have no washer to measure.
Thanks,

Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG