Re: removing headlight trim

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: removing headlight trim
From: "British Classics" <britclass@choicenet1.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:02:09 -0800
You had better not follow these instructions, paint chips are
inevitable but let's not accelerate the process. ( Sorry Larry)

Bob has the correct idea, but it is a bit easier if you take the paint
can opener ( get at any home improvement or paint store)  and bend the
lip so it is a bit more pronounced and keep up pressure on it as you
pull the headlamp door off. Put a little tape on the top of it to the
body and you will be less apt to drop and damage it as it may come off
rather suddenly.  I smear a tad of grease on the spring clip and push
the door on with a downwards thrust for ease of installation and
subsequent future removal.

Brad