Re: Miata seats in MGs - gotta' ask!

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata seats in MGs - gotta' ask!
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 19:00:34 -0800
on 2/15/03 4:44 PM, ptegler@cablespeed at ptegler@cablespeed.com wrote:

> Max... I've got to ask...
> What model 'year' Miata was it?
> There are three seat variations between 1990 and 2002.
> 1990-1993?-94?     1993?94?-1999 and then 2000 on.
> I have 1990-1993?4? style Miata seats in two of my LBC's
> and love BOTH setups.

It's one of the later first-generation body-style Miatas, maybe 97-98? He
leased it, then bought it at the end of the lease because he didn't like the
looks of the new one. It seems to be a fully loaded model -- AC, leather,
gold-tone trim and wheels (puke).

> I can't say I've ever parked my butt on the newer two styles
> but my two installations are very comfortable.
>
> With the high side bolsters, how can your butt slide around
> in the seat?  tiny buns??  :^)

It's not my butt that slides around (I can hear you saying, "too much
information!"). It's the bottom cushion itself -- it's like one of those
gel-pad bicycle seats. It feels like it's squirming whenever you go over a
bump, or take a corner. Maybe some people think that's good cushioning, but
to me it feels like there's an alien under the seat trying to get out.

And, the seam is right in the middle of where you sit. It's like sitting on
the sofa with your two older brothers -- they make you sit in the middle on
the crack between the cushions (although in this case the seam goes
side-to-side).

And since you asked, my buns are becomingly slender...   ;->

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149