Re: Wanted: Chrome wire wheels for MGA

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>, <Aeseeyou@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Wanted: Chrome wire wheels for MGA
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:00:38 -0500
We used a few sets at the shop I used to work at.  They have a silicone (I
think) band molded around the inside of the rim to seal all of the spoke
holes.  They worked wonderfully.  I don't think that the seal is affected by
truing the wheels, because we never had to, but I can't say for sure.

They are intended for folks that drive their cars a lot.  A tubed tire will
build up more heat (and retain it) then a tubeless one.  It also allows you
to remove one, often problematic, part from the whole car equation.  As with
most things people are very slow to accept change in something that has gone
unchanged for long periods of time, but I personally think that they are it.

YMMV
James Nazarian
71 B tourer
71 BGT V8