Battery Cover

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Battery Cover
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:19:42 -0800
I got the battery cover gasket that turned out to be just a length of round
rubber "rope" not the exotic gasket shown in the Moss catalog.  Does one
stick it to the cover with silicone as positioning the rubber
"rope"  correctly is completely out of the question?  Or maybe I should
make one out of a rubber mat!

There are 6 Dzus fasteners for the cover which I got from my favourite
supplier - but they do not come with retainers and they are not in the
catalog.  These retainers stop the fasteners falling out of the cover when
you take it off - very handy!!  I am trying to get some as they are
available I'm sure.  If anyone wants some please let me know as suppliers
usually want you to buy a reasonable quantity - and I only need 6!!

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
barrier@bconnex.net