Re: Help needed to send future emails correctly.

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help needed to send future emails correctly.
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:04:48 -0700
Albert,

For those of us in the computer industry, the first questions we would ask
would be what type of email program and perhaps your operating system.
However, an analysis of the header on your email indicates the email
program is probably a component of AOL version 8 and is being used on
Windows. Undoubtedly there are some configuration settings that may provide
a hint but the header also indicates a formatting conversion:

It could be formatting tags or some kind of background. But what we do know
is that email should be sent in just plain text or ascii mode. So somewhere
in your emailer, you need to find out where the setting is to insure all
email is plain and unenhanced and set it accordingly. Then all will be
well. This setting is particularly critical for users using Microsoft
Outlook which will spew out enhancement attachments to users on other email
programs if it has any formatting turned on.

David Councill
MCSE
67 BGT
72 B