Re: repair,rebuild,restore,64B?

To: wes-smith@msn.com ("WESLEY SMITH"), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: repair,rebuild,restore,64B?
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:00:58 -0500
Hi Wes,
If compression is good and it doesn't smoke, I would drive it for now.

The early 3 main (GA) engines tended to wind up quicker (less inertia in the
crank) but aren't as robust as the 5 main (GB and later)engines. These early
engines were prone to breaking crankshafts when racing or under stressed
conditions.

I know several people with early B's and they've had no problems. I don't
expect that you will either....especially if you'll just be driving around town
like you indicated.

Enjoy your car....they're meant to be driven.

Bob Stahlbush

66 MGB (GHN3L 78708)
60 TR3A (TS 81398L)