Coolant was Battery Water

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coolant was Battery Water
From: "British Classics" <britclass@choicenet1.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 05:08:51 -0800
  Like your battery water challenge, Barney, you need to back up this
statement with some hard , verifiable facts. I have read about the
distilled water affinity to absorb but I have nver seen it
substantiated. As for the rust statement you posted, if you reread
Davids post you will see that he says coolant, not system.

Brad

****************

At 02:54 AM 2/26/03 -0500, James Nazarian wrote:
>David Councill said:
> > But I still add distilled water to batteries as well as to the
coolant.

>After tearing down a few engines and seeing the buildup of scale
inside of
>the coolant jackets I don't put anything but distilled water in my
coolant
>either.

I hope that was just a mis-speak, but, ....  If you put only distilled
water in your MG cooling system, the water jacket in the block and
head
will rust like crazy.  Not only that, but distilled water has a high
affinity for absorbing things, so it likes to eat iron, and copper,
and
aluminum, and steel studs, and water pumps, and temperature sensors,
and
maybe even a head gasket.

Just a thought,

Barney Gaylord