The 'Bs and 'Cs design

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The 'Bs and 'Cs design
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:09:54 EST
In a message dated 26/02/03 12:42:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> james wrote:
> > I don't have any accurate numbers, but as I understand it, by the time
> they
> > got the engine fitted in the C they gave up a lot of the power that it
> made
> > in the Healeys, and yes, the thing is a boat anchor.  If you've ever
> tried
> > to work with one, hoist or not, it is a back breaking experience.

Not true.

They did fit smaller carbs (1 3/4" rather than the 2" on the Healey version),
but no one seems to notice that when they write articles, scratching their
heads about why the power should have dropped from 150 bhp to 145 bhp.
Idiots!

It is indeed a heavy engine, but no more so than many - try a Jaguar some
time, or for that matter a Healey 100-4!

The 7 main version in the MGC is smoother than the old lorry engine in the
Healey, but seems a bit less 'revable'.

Nice touring cars, especially if you liberate some power.

Bill S.
69 MGC roadster, 175 bhp