Interesting item...comments anyone?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting item...comments anyone?
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:58:25 EST
Hi,
This weekend I was over at a friends house who's really into racing his
MGB-GT he showed me how he has adapted an early model MGA rear end assy into
his racing MGB-GT telling me that it was about the only way to get the proper
gearing he needed. l somehow had always just taken it for granted that you
could just swap the R&P gears.. but he told me that there aren't any resource
centers where rear gear sets  and other rear end parts for racing MGB's can
be readily purchased I can't imagine this being true. But, it appears as if
Moss only lists a 3.909:01 rear gear set. This is a huge opportunity for
somebody to create a nice little business for themselves and at the same time
do the vintage auto racing a great favor in the process. Or is swapping an
"A" housing in place of the "B" housing the norm? To me it just seems like a
lot of unnecessary work....

Albert Escalante, Editor
"THE CLEAR HOOTER"

         b 00c