No Spark

To: Tom Bott <tbott1@bellsouth.net>
Subject: No Spark
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:33:16 -0500
Tom: I also have a 1980 MGB LE with the same ignition system. The
problem you describe usually indicates the ignition module inside the
amplifier has blown. That is not uncommon. The ignition module is an old
Delco application and I have the part numbers since it is very expensive
to purchase a new or rebuilt  CEI amplifier. NAPA carries the modules
under their own brand name and has 2 available, depending on quality for
around $30 - $40. If you determine this is your problem let me know and
I will dig out the part numbers for you. It took me a few weeks of
research to finally identify the module. Your amplifier should be bolted
or riveted together, in either case it comes apart easily and the only
thing inside is that module. Remember to identify the wires prior to
disconnecting them from the module. I have several good amps that I
carry for myself and friends whenver we  caravan.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski