RE: MG/Lola

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MG/Lola
From: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 12:46:27 -0700
I think I made a mistake and posted my reply privately to Barney, here
is what Steve Knight has to day about the subject.

Steve writes: Right after we won the championship last year, I sold my
car to Dyson and retired from racing.  I accomplished everything that I
set out to do and it was a good opportunity to get out at the top.  I am
working on a "year in review" video, which would be perfect for a car
club meeting.  You guys interested in having me as a guest at one of
your meetings? Steve

By the way, Steve is not implying here that he is going to attend car
club meetings across the country.  In context, this reply is to the MGCC
in Denver, (Steve lives in a suburb just outside of Denver).

I might add I've had the opportunity to meet Steve.  He took his racing
VERY seriously.  His car is a 'machine' and his body is a 'machine'.  He
worked out a couple of hours a day, ate carefully, and drank no alcohol
to stay in shape for racing.  He is a privateer racer (self financed).
It cost him well over $1,000,000 to win the championship.

If I'm not mistaken, Steve only owned one MG/Lola car.  But, hey, I
could be wrong.  I think Dyson had one, and bought the second one from
Steve.

Larry Hoy