MG/Lola

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG/Lola
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 13:13:28 -0600
I just posted this to Barney on a side post, but I'll add this to the
list discussion...

Here is what I know gathered mostly from here
http://www.mg-sportcars.co.uk/ALMS_2003.htm the ALMS and Le Mans forums
at http://www.xpower-mg.com/forum/ and the ALMS forums at
http://theracesite.com

Knighthawk closed shop at the end of last season and sold both of there
cars to Dyson.   They (maybe Steve Knight alone???)may return with a new
chassis after the rule changes in 2004.  ( I read that a couple of
times, but I don't know what those rule changes are).   The Dyson car I
got the picture of was on of the Knighthawks.  You can tell because they
still haven't painted the spoiler (its still black).  They pointed that
out on the page I got the picture from, and that is at a 2003 Sebring
test.

Rand's deal has been either delayed or dropped. They MAY have Chassis
#5, but they haven't tested it yet.  I hope Rand gets the cars as they
would probably test at Texas World Speedway with its road track (they
have with other cars) and I would have a chance to see it.  Any Dallas
guys know anyone connected with Rand?

There are only 5 chassis competing right now according to the above of
sources, here is the current chassis list from the mgsportscars.co.uk
pages

Chassis #'s - Links on site
001 - Intersport
002 - MG Sport & Racing
003 - MG Sport & Racing
004 - Dyson
005 - ??? Some say it is sitting, some say it wasn't built but the # is
being held due to the Rand contract
006 - Dyson

I THINK I am seeing that all Judd engine will be badged MG in the
future.  I found a reference that  the Judd engine is now known as an MG
due to an agreement between Judd [Engine Developments Limited] and MG
Sport & Racing that was announced on Jan. 6.   I haven't found a copy of
the press release though.  There is a Dallara/MG listed in the Le Mans
list powered by a five-liter MG engine in the top class, LMP 900.  That
car competed in ALMS as a Dallara/Judd last year.

Patton