Re: New Seats in a midget

To: mvheim@attbi.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Seats in a midget
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:10:15 EST
In a message dated 3/9/03 11:16:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, mvheim@attbi.com
writes:

> How's the driving position?
>
> It would seem to me that the original seats in a Midget would have a lower
> cushion and a thinner back than about anything else you could replace them
> with.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I measured the seats in my '77 Midget before Carlisle last year, and then
went to look for Miata or Fiero seats.  I found Fiero seats and they
measuered exacly the same as the MG originals, but they have much better side
bolsters and they have speakers in the headrests.  Miata seats are also the
same size.

I still haven't installed them, I need to recover them first and the garage
work got in the way.  No rush, though.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)