Re: SU carb damper level?

To: "Tom Reynolds" <kjtar@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU carb damper level?
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:47:06 -0000
I've always used the 'if you can feel resistance before the damper cap
contacts the piston cover you have enough' rule given the way the piston
moves relative to the damper.  Some illustrations are wrong in that it shows
the oil level *above* the top of the reservoir.  If you try to maintain it
here you will be topping up all the time.  It isn't critical until it gets
below the bottom of the damper piston.  Anything between there and the top
of the reservoir is enough, any overfilling above that will be got rid of
very quickly.  There is no need to scribe a line.