Hello and dual gauge for sell/trade

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hello and dual gauge for sell/trade
From: Eddie Sheffield <mg4fun@cablenet-va.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:03:57 -0500
Hi all,

Been a while since I was on this list - been spending all my time over
on the Spridgets list.

Anyway, I have a dual temp/pressure gauge for sell or trade. I bought it
off ebay a while back to put in my Midget, but when I finally went to
put it in it was the wrong one. This one is designed to be illuminated
from the outside. It has a series of slots all around the case just
behind the bezel with a blue plastic light diffuser inside. The one I
need has a bulb holder in the back of the case and no slots. The part
number on the face is GD.1501/01 which I've been told is for a MGA.
Hence my post here - maybe my mistake can help someone here. It is good
in cosmetic shape, and I just tested the temp with a pan of boiling
water and it appears to work OK. Not sure about the pressure side, but I
bought it as working so I hope it is.

I would love to trade this for another good one that will work right in
my Midget - i.e. one with the bulb holder in the back of the case. I
would prefer an earlier one with reading in actual degrees, but a later
one with C-N-H would be OK. Would be willing to sell it as well - $60 +
shipping which is a bit less than I paid.

Reply directly to me, please.

Thanks!

Eddie
1971 Midget - "Bebop"