Re: measuring piston rise

To: Bill Meyer <wcameyer@msn.com>
Subject: Re: measuring piston rise
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:52:11 -0800
I did not mean to add another vent hole. I meant to run a vacuum line
from the top of the damper to some sort of a vacuum guage, ideally an
electronic one so that I could datalog the output. Modulo the
dampening from the oil, if the piston rise can be calculated by

position = ((pressure differential * piston area) = force) / springrate

Then at least in steady state conditions, or slowly changing
conditions, I should be able to calculate where I am on the needle at
any given time.

The "vacuum" line for the vacuum advance is on the other side of the
butterfly from the piston, so I can't just feed off of that.

  lrc

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.