Re: tappet removal 74 mgb

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tappet removal 74 mgb
From: Wetmgs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:06:00 EST
Thanks for the replys Chris and Barney, I did try the finger vacuum and
finger with magnet and magnet with pliers to no avail. maybe if I could find
my minature vice grips I could get it out, there is very little room above
the tappet closest to the fly wheel. Also there was no build up on the other
7 tappets. They do all have pitted bottom surfaces and small chips all around
the lower outer edge. I guess it is this chipped edge that is the hold up as
the tappet rises to the same level and stops with a metalic clink. It is easy
to move til it hits that clink. I will try to remove it a while longer but if
unsuccessful can I invert the block to raise the tappet and slide out the
cam, then push the tappet down and out?

      Gratefuly awaiting more shared wisdom

       Marc Derenzy