Alternator conversions

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator conversions
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@edo-services.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:06:39 -0600
I'm looking for some quick replies, the alternator on my son's 79 MGB just
went out, so I'm going to stop on my way home to order another one.  I can
get the original Lucas delivered tomorrow for $101.00.  I've just been
looking at a web page on the Bosch and Delco conversions, what do you
recommend?  Please bear in mind this car is his only transportation and he
has to head back to college on Friday, so we are short of time to mess
around with trying to get something working.  Has anyone done the conversion
and how quick and easy was it?  I'm thinking that these alternators would
normally be kept in stock, so if he ahs a problem in future, he should be
able to get an alternator locally.

Thanks,

Ken