Re: mod MGBs was: RBB owners unite.

To: james <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Subject: Re: mod MGBs was: RBB owners unite.
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:34:19 -0600
I'm wondering about some things also.

1) Why is the ford rear end used so often in conversions? Is it
strength? Seems an MGC rear end would do the same at an easier
conversion.

2) Is the Datsun 5-speed from a Z-car or the old roadsters. I
remember not being too impressed with my brothers 5-speed from
his 2 liter roadster racecar. It was better than the 4 speed but
not great. Then again, his roadsters were pretty well trashed
before he bought them, and never had much money.

3) I've heard a number of negitive comments on the 1950 re-build
of the B-series on theortical grounds. What's your practical experience.

Of course, this is all theortical, as my engine is in great shape and
the tranny is good to, maybe a slightly weak 3rd synchro.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd N.E., Fl 1S    PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155