Just got my 'new' 1972 MGB

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Just got my 'new' 1972 MGB
From: "Gudz, Roman (EM, PTL)" <Roman.Gudz@penske.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:19:46 -0500
Yesterday, I finally got my 1972 MGB that I bought on eBay (can't believe I
did that).

The odometer says 52K miles and does appear to work.

Below are some initial findings, just looking for some direction:

1) Car starts fine and seems to run OK, although it seems to idle pretty
fast (about 1300 RPM).  Is that a problem?

2) There are a few quarter sized holes in the drivers floor pan,  should I
patch them or should it be replaced?  The passenger's looks OK.

3) The fuel gauge always shows empty.

4) The wipers wipe at about 1 MPH.

5) The car has only one battery and I can see the driveway.  Is that normal
or should this area be enclosed?

6) The hose going to the bottom of the absorption cannister is missing, is
this important?

7) I have no idea if any modifications were made for unleaded fuel.  Is it
OK to not worry about it and just put in premium gas?   All I can find is 93
octane.

Thanks.

Roman

72 MGB