Re: Rubber Bumper B and new paint

To: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper B and new paint
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:45:56 -0600
I guess I'll finally pipe in here. I have a CBB and a RBB and I agree with
Kelvin about enjoying the RBB on longer commutes and as a daily driver.
Nicer ride, better radio, better seats, arm rests on both sides, a place to
put a drink, and in a few weeks A NEW PAINT JOB! The CBB is elegant in it's
simplicity and is used on weekends mostly, although it ran great on the 2300
mile trip home from Seattle. I would hate to choose between the two (I'll
have more $ in the RBB after the paint job).
I visited the paint shop today and they have the hood, trunk an all of one
side sanded to metal with NO RUST so far, except a minor amount at the
doglegs (which are getting new panels). Crack of doom fixed on both doors
with welded in bar in back.
The body man suggested that the new hydralic cylinder trunk support seemed
too stiff and holds that side of the trunk up a bit-even after a metal
support was welded into where the support attaches to the lid.  Anyone else
had this problem with them?

Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG