Re: Heritage Certificate Information

To: Rick Starkweather <rstarkweather@scottmadden.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heritage Certificate Information
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:02:09 -0800 (PST)
Rick, here you go....

http://www.heritage.org.uk/archive/trace.htm

Do you have the original engine? They may be able to assist from that.
Also, I read here a wgile back that the early cars (not sure when that
stops...) have the chassis number imprinted on the front subframe
somewhere, I believe it may be in the vicinity of the right-hand engine
mount...? I have never checked on my '65....

Good luck, sounds like a fun project!

--- Rick Starkweather <rstarkweather@scottmadden.com> wrote:
> Can anyone help with the mailing address and contact information to send
> for a Heritage Certificate for my MGB?
>

> More importantly, the only ID number I have is the one on the left-hand
> wheel well just under the hood opening (MGB 13031).  The car has
> pull-handle doors, but is of unknown year (it's a race car).  I have not
> yet had a chance to check out some of the specific body changes to help
> narrow down the year of manufacture (e.g., evidence of fuel tank straps
> or not).  Clausager states that this number was NOT recorded by the
> factory, and that there may be a number punched into the left hand frame
> rail.  (I have not found this one as I have to do some paint stripping
> first.)  Can the Heritage people help me or am I out of luck?  I'd like
> to find out the year of manufacture and the original color, so when I
> prep the car for vintage racing it is "correct".

=====
Dan
The Garden State (What Exit?)
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)