Re: Master cylinder quest

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Master cylinder quest
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:11:39 -0500
David, I used to use two number 0 philips screwdrivers with some success,
maybe 20 minutes.  Last time I took my longest set of snap ring plier tips,
installed them on my snap ring pliers and introduced the whole thing to the
grinder until it would reach deep enough inside to reach the inner snap
ring.  After a couple of minutes of grinding, I can get that snap ring in 30
seconds flat.  I don't think that I damaged the pliers although they are a
little ugly now, so far I haven't had any problems with strength on any
other snap rings, but for the ease of use, I'll buy another pair if I ever
need them.

My pliers are Delco int/ext with changeable tips ~$8.  You could always get
a craftsmen pair and return them if you screw up.
James Nazarian
71B Tourer
71BGT V8
85 Dodge Ram