Re: Compression question

To: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Compression question
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:53:06 -0600
   Hi James,

     10 drops, forsooth!   Squirt a BUNCH of oil into each cylinder.
Then crank it a whole lot.  I mean a WHOLE lot.  See, the rings may be
siezed in the grooves at first, causing the low compression readings.
Then let it sit overnight, at least, then try again.  All you're really
shooting for is enough compression pressure to make it fire up.

   There's lots of other common sense stuff, like pour oil down the
pushrod holes to oil the lifters pushros & cam.  I'm sure Barney's site
talks about those things.

   Above all, don't give up prematurely!!

   Cheers,

    CR