Re: Xeno's Garage

To: "Larry Colen" <lrcar@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: Xeno's Garage
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:46:19 -0500
Just remember that no matter what you do, you will always know what is wrong
with it.  Even if no other driver or observer will ever spot the defects you
will know that they are there.  Maybe find some comfort in the fact that you
did a good job regardless of the knowledge that it isn't perfect.  I'm sure
the other things that factory engineers have going for them is that they get
used to projects not being what they envisioned and they learn to cope.  I
think the only ones that get to do what they want are the concept car
designers, but since most of them aren't fully functional cars either I'd
guess that they have to cope too.

When I lived on Colorado, I spent almost 3 years as a software engineer and
test engineer.  I can attest that, there too, we always had to make
compromises;  all the testing and bugfixing that I could do and we never got
anything as good as we wanted.  The customers loved our product but we
always knew what was wrong with it.  That is the biggest problem with
building something.

James Nazarian
71B Tourer
71BGT V8