Re: Failed MA inspection

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Failed MA inspection
From: "Michael W. Jose" <mwjose@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:53:22 -0700
Chuck Renner wrote:

>>You're lucky that you have that option.  Here in the People's Republic
>>of Washington, one of the things they check is the idle speed.  They
>>put a little beanbag-like thing with an induction coil in it on your
>>hood to check engine speed.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
>>

>However, there's usually a 'window' of acceptable idle speeds.  If it's 500
>RPM, bumping it up that much makes a significant difference in your exhaust
>gasses.

I think that 1500 is about as high as one can get away with here in AZ.
 They only do safety inspections on cars that have been totalled, as far
as I know (they poke in the engine bay and you must must must have no
cracks in the windshield). For emissions they check your equipment,
including the cat and the gas cap.
wish me luck on mine by the way, sometime this month.
mike jose
79 B
phoenix