RE: ? about MGB (1978) books & de-smogging

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ? about MGB (1978) books & de-smogging
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 22:46:00 -0500
Thanks for all the replies about MGB books & swapping intake/exhaust
(de-smogging)

I discussed the latter with the local garage that does state safety &
emmisions inspections. The short story is that Orange County, North
Carolina will likely require original equipment to be in place in
order to pass a 'visual' inspection (even if it would pass the til
pipe sniffer without).

The long story is that looking over the pile of parts I hope to
rebuild into the power plant for this MGB causes me to think the
cylinder head may not be a 'smog head'. Is it true that it should have
ports for the air injection in the head? I don't see them. BTW, where
is the outlet for the 'auto choke' located? Don't see that on the head
either...

The casting numbers on the head are as follows:
12H1326        22/3/67 (circular)        MOWOG
   AF1                                                024

The engine number is:
18V 883AEL 01999

I have some MGB books on order, TIA to anyone who can help me identify
what I gots...

Eric
1978 MGB
1960 MGA