RE: Chrome costs -- ouch

To: <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: RE: Chrome costs -- ouch
From: "Scott & Lynn Hower" <howersl@att.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 09:31:16 -0400
Don,

I had a batch of MGB parts replated last year; these prices don't seem
out of line.
Quality plating is labor intensive and the disposal cost don't help
either.

Another source you might want to check is Pauls Chrome, near Pittsburgh,
PA. (www.paulschrome.com) They want to handle the part before they will
quote.  Turnaround took a while, but they finish is flawless.  They
advertise quite a bit in Hemmings.

If this were my car, I'd replate the bits that are either most obvious
or are of dubious quality as repros.  On an MGB, I'd rechrome the
bumpers, but skip the headlight rims and door handles.

--Scott