what car was it?

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: what car was it?
From: "Plunk, Eric" <Eric.Plunk@allegiancetelecom.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:44:30 -0500
This weekend I saw a small convertible which reminded me of an MGB.  It had
some MGB styling, but with some modern touches.  Could someone help me
identify it?

The windshield looked like an MGB's, but without the center rod which goes
in front of the rearview mirror.
The tail was flat, with a thin, black rubber trim lip / spoiler.
It was low to the ground, not raised like RBBs.
The nose was body-colored, neither chrome nor black.
The nose was shaped like a wide hawk's beak, or wide V-shape.
I think I saw an octagon on the nose, but I'm not certain as the car was 50
feet away.
The sides panels and doors had two lines running from front to rear - one
low and one high.

Thanks,
Eric