Re: MGB makes a pilgrimage!

To: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmort@bezeqint.net>
Subject: Re: MGB makes a pilgrimage!
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:25:02 -0500
On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 03:55  PM, R. Martin Rogovein wrote:

> Hey guys, got a feel-good story for ya.

And a great story it was.  Someone a while back was feeling down
because his spouse was ripping on his ride too much and another person
was feeling post-restoration depression.  It is tales like yours that
gives inspiration to go back to the garage and keep trying to figure
out a way to remove a rounded-off, stuck flywheel bolt, or to go ahead
and spend the extra cash and get the wire wheels chromed.  I read that
and I thought to myself, "That is what it's all about."

Two things:
1. The "ear-to-the-fender" balancing technique is one I've not heard
of.  I always thought you trued a wire wheel by adjusting the spokes.
Or is that only on bicycles?  My '68 is my first stint with wires.
2. The way NPR news reports, I was left thinking that it's unsafe to go
anywhere in Israel without risking a Palestinian suicide bombing.  Is
there any fear in living there or is that really only in the Gaza strip?

Kevin