Re: [MG-MGB] Re: Carburetors for MGB

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>, <proot@iaces.com>
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] Re: Carburetors for MGB
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:26:19 +0100
Well, there you go.  And the bit about SUs being difficult to keep
synchronised and in tune is just as much a myth.  Certainly it takes a careful
and methodical approach to do them correctly, thereafter making sure you make
the same adjustment to *both* carbs.  But once done right and not fiddled
about with afterwards they keep their tune over many thousands of miles.  I
check the mixture and balance of both my cars at most services and find the
only adjustments I might need to make is a slight increase in idle speed as
points and plugs age.