Re: MGB (Driver) makes a pilgrimage!

To: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>,
Subject: Re: MGB (Driver) makes a pilgrimage!
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 02:34:31 -0400
 >> Does it always come out late or does it
> > just take a while to get to people whose name starts with "S"?
>
>> Kevin -
>
> Things had been much worse than that before.  The folks responsible for
The
> Driver have made great strides recently to get it out in a more timely
> manner.  My March/April arrived today, so you should see yours any time.
>Chuck

Kevin,
I can see from your membership # that you are a newer member of NAMGBR, I'm
glad you joined.

Chuck,
Thanks for continuing  to support, what is all of our's, North American MGB
Register. The 2003 issues of MGB Driver are the first issues in the last 3+
years to arrive on a month that appears on the cover. The publication fell
beyond simply  because the membership was not supplying  enough material to
put issues together. When something like that happens it is very hard to
catch up again. The editor, Kim Tonry is one of the hardest working
volunteers in the MG world.  Robert Rushing, the assistant editor for the
last year or so, supplied that little needed boost to help get the schedule
back on track.

MGB Driver is only as good as the material that we supply. I read something
on the MGB Bulletin Board Server about what a terrific issue Jan. / Feb.
2003 was. The person who posted it went on to say that the reason it was so
great was that it had alot more that the usual boring, repetitive  articles
from the Executive Officers.  BINGO!! that's exactly the point. If people
don't submit materials all we are going to read about is Kim and D's
Midgets, Robert Rushing's B and St. Louis Club activities, Ken Smith's
newest additions to the MGB car data base and Bob Mason's technical article
.............  I almost forgot.....that Chairman Chat thing.......that alot
people read to induce sleep.  When you became a member of NAMGBR you also
became one of "the folks responsible for The Driver" .

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
Chairman / NAMGBR
www.namgbr.org/namgbr/