Re: Speedometer ????

To: "Tom Wagner" <tomwagner@charter.net>, "mg" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedometer ????
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 16:49:26 +0100
Top gear speed per 1000 rpm should be 17.9 standard and 22.3 in OD for the
D, 18 and 22 (i.e. near enough no different) for the LH.  All-synchro MkIIs
got the LH late in 67, what's yours?  If yours is a Mk I you have the
'wrong' gearbox and maybe the wrong diff ratio, if a Mk II then maybe you
have the wrong diff.  Or different wheel/tyre sizes.  Or an incorrect
speedo/faulty tach.  But not only are your speeds too low but if they are
both with OD engaged they are not consistent.  If the tach checks out with
another check your speedo serial against http://www.w-p-c.com/speedotach.htm