RE: Distributor clamp nut and bolt

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Distributor clamp nut and bolt
From: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 09:42:30 -0600

That is possible.  It appears to be a fine thread but SAE won't fit.  I
just discovered that my good wrenches will not fit the bolt and the
cheap ones will.  Five thousandths ... Probably the difference between a
good wrench and a cheap one?

I ended up changing it for a 'real' SAE bolt and nut.  Had to do a
little tapping with a hammer to make sure the hex head on the bolt will
remain stationary.

Will I become my own DPO?

Larry Hoy