Re: batteries

To: "Robert Zirpolo" <robertzirpolo@attbi.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: batteries
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:57:41 +0100
MGOC (and probably others) in the UK in the UK sell battery box bins.  But
they sit on the lip of the bin rather than the cradle, will need holes
cutting for the clamps - which will put even more strain on the lip - or
some padding to stop the battery bouncing and shorting out on the lid, and
will vent any fumes into the cockpit which I would not like in my GT.  Other
than in the spare hole as a cubby box if one has converted from twin 6v to
single 12v I can't see the point, water and crud on top of the battery has
never been an issue on either of mine, even the daily driver used in all
weathers.