Re: Late Fans (was Miata seats)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Late Fans (was Miata seats)
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:03:41 +0930
On Monday, Apr 28, 2003, at 12:50 Australia/Adelaide, MonteMorris wrote:

> Mike, et al.
> Yes, I remember covering the fan direction last summer and thus, after
> the
> advice of the sage list, I changed the blade direction. I was unclear
> though
> about this "puller" terminology that Mike explained so well.

"Suck" or "Blow" are two terms that are possibly more descriptive to
some people - the fan either "sucks" air through the radiator or
"blows" it through (as per "pull" or "push").

Before tidying up the wiring on mine, I fired it up and blew a mouthful
of smoke at the front of the radiator (mine is set up as a blower or
pusher - with the engine mounted fan removed).  The smoke got sucked
into the fan and came out on the engine side of the radiator... just
the way I wanted it to.

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia