Re:Heel and toe - MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Heel and toe - MGB
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 18:41:56 EDT
In a message dated 06/05/03 1:24:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Is there some different technique that's better for
> MGB's?  If not, is there perhaps a modification I can
> make to the pedal itself or perhaps its mounting that
> would get the two pedals closer together?

Nice to hear from someone that KNOWS what heel and toeing means (the young
guys haven't got a clue - probably a result of more durable synchro rings on
new cars and/or Dad paying the repair bills).

I haven't had any problem accomplishing heel and toe shifting on my MGC,
paragon of quick revability that it is, but maybe that's just my big feet.

I much prefer the earlier transmission, though, silly putty synchros and all.

Bill