Re: Carb float bowl movement......

To: <MGALUVR@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb float bowl movement......
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 20:44:58 -0500
Bill,
Between the carba and float bowl, the original HS4 carbs on our 67 had a
metal spacer with a protrusion on it which fit into a notch in the float
bowl. The replacement one which came with the rebuild kit was hard rubber.
My guess is that the hard rubber protrusion on your spacer has worn and is
not fitting into its notch thus causing movement. I would imagine the rubber
ones prevent some vibration and they are designed to allow a little
movement, but not as you describe.
Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG