MGA Wet and Soggy Tale

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Wet and Soggy Tale
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 21:51:27 -0400
Been out drying the MGA out and it will take a few days.  Drove up to
the Scottish festival at Carrollton yesterday and had a great time
until the boat ride back.  My daughter Jessica, who is a brave
traveling companion and has great trust in her father's ability to
drive went with me.  We put the top up on the MGA, no small task and
took off around 9:30AM for General Butler State park.  Had a great
drive up, only keeping an occasional eye on the sky and constant eyes
on the temp and oil pressure gauges.  Arrived at the Scottish festival
and parked the car.  Jessica began cleaning and organizing the car in
hopes of winning a trophy.  I began organizing lunch, the most
important part of the trip for me!  Started touring the cars on
display and meeting old friends.  Toured the festival tents and
displayed, enjoyed some great Scottish music, which after a couple of
hours did sound as good as it did when we got there.
Jessica's hard work and optimism paid off.  We did in fact win a
trophy.
As soon as we left the skies opened up and did not stop until we
reached Midway.  As we would travel and hit small lakes that were not
there before it would create floorboard geysers between my feet.  The
top did it's part we stayed dry, at least that part well inside the
car.  Side curtains or as I like to call them "water funnels" did
nothing and their removal increased our dryness immensely.
Good thing for removal carpet and a good dry windy day today.  All in
all it was still a glorious day with a touch of wet adventure added.
THANKS and hope all are having a wonderful Mother's day.
Mike R