Re: THREE MAIN MGA NUTS

To: "steve devine" <stevedevine@rcn.com>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: THREE MAIN MGA NUTS
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:56:59 -0500
At 01:07 PM 5/11/03 -0500, steve devine wrote:
>   Anyone out there that has a set of nuts to secure the mains on a 1622
> block and are willing to part with them? Im not sure there is any
> difference between the early mgb motors but I seem to have misplaced mine
> and need them to complete a rebuild here near Boston Mass.

I don't have any spares, but new nuts are about $1 each.  All MGA and early
MGB use the same nuts for the main bearing caps.  The studs have a
different part number (but I don't know why).  The later MGB 18V engines
use bolts (which are interchangeable with the earlier studs and nuts in the
MGB).

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com