Re: Concours (was Front Valance colors)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Concours (was Front Valance colors)
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 21:55:41 -0400
And this is one of MY pet peeves... Folks who get a bit too 'anal'
about a so-called "Concours Restoration". The original "Concours" type
of events were for vehicles that were essentially customs - coach
built bodies on classic chassis.

Today we judge cars on how 'original' they are - original meaning how
they originally came from a factory. As if they are in some sort of
time capsule & never meant to *driven*!

I can understand that we need to have few examples of 'original' cars
but those should be in museums. The rest of us should endeavor to have
nice cars and then DRIVE them. OK, speaking for myself, THAT is where
the enjoyment comes from.

/rant  :>)
Eric
1960 MGA