Re: Concours (was Front Valance colors)

To: Eric J Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Concours (was Front Valance colors)
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:37:54 -0700 (PDT)
> A friend was terribly upset because the weld
> nuts on the frame rails of an MGA he was
> restoring were the 'wrong shape' (round vs.
> octagonal or visa-versa). Guess what - he has
> never finished the restoration while my MGA has
> over 300,000 miles on the odo.

> Who is getting more enjoyment from their MG?

Well, according to you and I (and probably most others
on this list) you are.  But that doesn't mean that the
guy obsessing about his welds isn't an MG enthusiast
too, does it?  I mean, I've seen people get upset over
people who paint their RBB bumpers body color.  I've
seen people snigger when people fit aftermarket alloy
wheels to an MG.  The bottom line is, who cares?

Why the heck does anyone really care what anyone ELSE
does to their car?  Why does it bother you that the
guy is obsessing about his welds?  Obviously,
restoration is his thing, and he's a fanatic about it,
just as you are a fanatic about driving.  You have an
MG, he has an MG, and everyone is doing their thing.
Everyone is happy.

Right?

http://search.yahoo.com