Re: Concours (was Front Valance colors)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Concours (was Front Valance colors)
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 11:40:01 -0700 (PDT)
James Nazarian SEZ -
>                                        It had been garaged since new and
> had 700 miles on the clock.  It sold for 3k less then the sticker price the
> owner paid for it.  IMO there is very little point to trying to keep things
> as investments for future sale.  Regardless of how you enjoy a toy I don't
> think profit should be a factor.

I just can't see post-1980 cars ever being considered "classics"
like pre-1975 cars will be.  More and more, cars contain one-off
components specific to that model, rather than components spread
across many years or models.  What are you going to do 30 years
from now when your 2003 New Beetle needs a computer chip?  Or an
oxygen sensor?  Or the padded plastic on the dashboard starts to
crack?  There's just no way to maintain these cars.

--
David Breneman                     | "Just because something doesn't
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  do what you planned it to do