Re: Concours (was Front Valance colors)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Concours (was Front Valance colors)
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 00:08:02 -0500
My 2 cents:

I've been to a few flea markets and you will see old toys in an almost
pristine state.  You see them on "Antiques Road Show" too.  What I
always wonder is what child had so many toys they never played with
them, or didn't like them.  I have my 54 year old Marx train yet.  The
paint is worn off the engine and the cars have many dings and repairs.
That's because I used it as intended.  I feel the same way about MGs at
times.  The truly "original" cars are nice to see as a basis for
rebuilding the car back to the show room condition, but most restored
cars are overdone.  That's why I like the term rebuild.

Blake