Re: Wheel lug bolts

To: Edwin Vaughan <edvaughan@juno.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel lug bolts
From: Chad Cooper <mgb72@airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 08:06:48 -0700
Edwin,

What I did on mine for fear of not being able to find longer studs, was get the
lug nuts that go inside the hole of the wheel, instead of the factory type that
sits on top of the surface.  This gained me more than enough area on the
stud(possibly more than before).  To  make the holes bigger was no problem, I
found the correct drill bit, like 1/32 larger than the shoulder of the new lug
nut, and the amount you are removing is so minimal that the bit made the hole
easily and stayed straight, (my fear with this drilling out of the hole was
getting the holes crooked).

  The other reason for going this route was not wanting to go through removing
all the studs, 20+ year old rusty things and I have not been friends in the
past.
Chad
'72 B